Thursday, October 28, 2010

Early morning cartoons

Being a parent means one horrifically painful thing: Getting up super early and watching cartoons. lol I'm not complaining, I love being a mom but as we all know, there is no sleeping in. I hear that gets better when the kids get older. I know teenagers sleep in. There is a trade off though, they sleep in but they treat you terribly when awake. lol Ok enough bitching on my part for the day.

It's a little after 7am right now and I've just been piddling. Checking my email, checking my classes, etc. Not much new in either area. I wrote a new story a couple nights ago and submitted it for a anthology on xcite. Hope it gets chosen, but if not it has potential for a full on book. The story needed to be at 4k words and I had to cut out some scenes after I finished to get it down to size. Hated doing that, but *shrugs* I didn't think it sounded too rushed and that's the main worry about those things. Anyway, if it gets rejected I'll keep working on it and resubmit it on its own.

I was checking out the other calls for submissions. There is another one due on the 30th but I don't think I'll do that one because I would have to rush myself too much to complete it and the work would suffer. I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head and I'm thinking about just working on one of them and just submit it based on what it would fit under.

Well I think I'll sign off for now and get some work done around the house. Don't forget to check out the new e-book, with my short story, "The Bad Girl's Sweet Kiss" Which can be found on xcitebooks.com and amazon.com

-Shadow Mandoll

The Bad Girl's Sweet Kiss (Xcite Novels)

No comments:

Post a Comment